Dental Checklist for
Xenia Ohio Fairborn Ohio Dayton Ohio
Greene County Ohio Montgomery County Ohio dental patients benefit with Dental Checklists.
Here is one dental checklist inspired by Atul Gawande's Checklist Manifesto, The New York Times BestSeller on how lives have been saved by the simple step of hospital surgery teams using Checklists to ensure that every safety precaution for a successful surgery has been followed.
The stress of Getting Ready for a Dental Appointment will be reduced when you use this Dental Checklist. This preparation will ensure you will remember to discuss all of your dental concerns and receive the greatest value for your time with Dr. Russell.
DENTAL APPOINTMENT CHECKLIST
Confirm Your Appointment -- Start by verifying the appointment time 24 hours in advance. Dr. Russell’s office will do this for you.
Transfer Dental Records -- If this is your first visit,
contact your previous dental office and have
- o your dental records and
- o X-rays sent to Dr. Russell
- o Insurance Card, details of 3rd party coverage
Be prepared to relate your
- o Medical History as well as
- o Dental History
- o Prepare a list of your Medications and Dosages
- o Bring all your dental Appliances, Dentures, and Splints
If you are a returning patient make sure you:
update any changes in your Medical History.
- Be Prepared to discuss changes in your Oral Health
Areas of discomfort- be able to locate to area or specific tooth
- o Constant / intermittent tooth discomfort
- o Hot of cold sensitivity in teeth
- o Sweet sensitivity in teeth
- o Tooth Throbbing sensations
- o Pressure or chewing sensitivity
- o Swellings, lumps bumps, sores
- o Unusual tastes or odors
- o Gum bleeding, swellings or soreness
During the time leading up to your dental appointment write yourself notes:
- on the location and
- Times of occurrences and/or activities that cause these
- symptoms so you can report them correctly. We try to forget these annoyances, but this is one time you want to remember!
Report Oral Care Realistically
Yellow Springs Dental Care is not into “woulda”, “coulda”, or “shoulda” we’re into New Beginnings for Xenia, Fairborn, Jamestown,and Dayton Ohio dental patients.
You can design your dental appointment to be YOUR WAY.