The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
Whitening treatments are the Number One requested cosmetic dental procedure and have increased more than 300 percent since 1996, according to the Ameican Acdemy for Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
"While daily home care and regular professional cleanings are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums, certain foods can help remove stains from your teeth," said AACD President Dr. Marty Zase.
"Foods such as apples, pears, celery, carrots, cauliflower, and cucumbers produce saliva which combines with the foods' natural fibers to naturally clean teeth and remove bacteria."
White Tooth Foods and tips include:
- -- Strawberries will naturally whiten your teeth.
- -- Lemons will lighten and brighten too (just as they naturally "bleach" your hair, they can do the same for your teeth). But very acidic and dissolves enamel--moderation!
- -- Minimize drinking coffee, dark syrup sodas, red wine and blueberries. All stain teeth quickly.
- -- When you drink from a straw whenever possible, it allows food dyes to bypass teeth altogether.
- -- Baking soda will help remove stains and build up. Brush it on your teeth twice a month, just as you would toothpaste, and rinse.
- -- Raw veggies are not only healthy to eat, but they will clean your teeth and remove surface stains.
- -- The mechanical action of chewing sugarless gum can also stimulate saliva and clean teeth surfaces.