The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
Chew More Xylitol Gum, Get Less Cavities
Want to reduce cavity-causing bacteria simply and quickly? A recent study suggests you need only 6 grams of xylitol a day to do just that. One piece of Epic Xylitol Gum contains 1.06 grams. That’s simply 5.6603774 pieces of Chewy Epic Goodness.
Chew on that fact for a moment. Seriously. Sugar-free Epic Gum is sweetened with 100% xylitol, and we think so many folks are putting our packs in their cars, pockets, and purses because the store-bought brands simply cannot compare.
The reason why: Tooth Decay is an infectious disease.
Last Year's News
CHICAGO , September 25, 2007—the American Dental Association (ADA) has awarded the ADA Seal of Acceptance to Wrigley sugarfree chewing gums Orbit, Extra, and Eclipse, because they are clinically shown to help prevent cavities, reduce plaque acid and strengthen teeth.
Studies showed that chewing these gum products for 20 minutes three times a day after meals increases saliva production.
Saliva helps neutralize and wash away plaque acid and bathes the teeth in minerals such as calcium, phosphate and fluoride which are known to strengthen tooth enamel and help prevent cavities.
Now, consumers know that if they chew gum that carries the ADA Seal of Acceptance, they are actually doing more for their oral health than just freshening their breath.”
For optimal oral health, the ADA’s daily oral hygiene recommendations are as follows:
- Brush teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner
- Eat a balanced diet and
- See your dentist regularly
THE COMPLETE LIST OF US DENTAL SCHOOLS THAT PROVIDE CLINICAL DENTAL SERVICES
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
- University of California Los Angeles School of Dentistry
- University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Dentistry
- Southrn Illinois University School of dental Medicine
- Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery
- New York University College of Dentistry
- School of Dental Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook
- University at Buffalo School of Dentistry
- University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University
- University of Pittsburgh Dental School
- Baylor College of Dentistry
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Texas - Houston Dental Branch