The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
Oral health issues are
an important part of
improving the Wellbeing of Seniors.
The Surgeon General’s 2000 report Oral Health in America indicated that:
• 23% of those age 65 to 74 have severe gum disease;
• Oral and pharyngeal cancers are diagnosed in about
30,000 Americans annually;
• Oral disease has social impact on the elderly, affecting
life functions (e.g., eating and digestion);
• Nursing homes and other long-term care institutions
have limited capacity to deliver needed oral health
• The frail elderly suffer devastating oral health side
effects from the use of multiple medications and treatments
they receive for other diseases, particularly
immuno-suppressant and radiation treatment.
It is time to put Teeth in Medicare: Dentistry should be a covered benefit under the Medicare Program.