The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
Back when there was still a military draft system that compelled people to serve their country, there was a quirk in the law that prevented the government from drafting individuals with particular skills.
That meant that if there were no enough doctors in the Army, they couldn’t reach-out and just draft physicians because more were needed.
As it happened- they did not have enough dentists in the Army to do all the dentistry those new draftees needed.
Of course, then, as now, the new soldiers did not represent a cross-section of American youth. Many of the new inductees had never been to a dentist at any time in their eighteen years.
With 18 years of accumulated neglect there were simply not enough army dentists to do all the treatment they required.
So the Army became very interested in Preventive Dentistry. How to prevent the need for more dentists became the motivation for developing the most advanced science to prevent tooth decay and dental emergencies. Since that time the Science has just gotten better.
The Preventive Dentistry Regimen:
- Use Colgate Prevident 5000 ultra high fluoride tooth paste.
- Use Fluoride Varnish on all exposed tooth surfaces.
- Chew Xylitol Chewing gum to reduce the number of Cavity causing bacteria so that the tooth decay doesn’t spread as fast from tooth to tooth.
- Use Fluoride mouth wash rinses.
- Smush the tooth paste in-between the teeth and allow it to remain there.
- Use Xylitol sweetened lozenges to dissolve in mouth instead of candy.
- Use a Water Pik to adequately clean in between the teeth.
Like dentists, having tooth decay is not distributed equally throughout our population. And savvy people do what is necessary to protect themselves from suffering from untreated tooth decay.