The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
The tide has turned--after over twenty years of more dental schools going out of business than were opening..
Plans are now afoot to build new dental schools.
Among the Shuttered Dental Schools during the past years:
- · Washington University Dental School
- · Georgetown University Dental School
- · Emory University Dental School
- · Oral Roberts University Dental School
- · Northwestern University Dental School
When the ObamaCare legislation was passed there was no Individual Mandate requiring everyone to have dental insurance – even though that mandate has required everyone to have Medical l Insurance.
Speculation has been that in addition to the costs, the lamentable personnel supply may have contributed to this oversight- and it is time to Put Teeth Into Medicare
That was then-This is Now
Suddenly, there has been a flurry of activity to beef up primary care providers in dentistry.
- Three different initiatives for three new dental schools have been mounted in Florida
- Florida A and M
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine,Bradenton, Florida.
- AT Still Dental School, Lake Nona near Orlando
- The Kellogg Foundation has funded a Dental Nurse training project, to import the New Zealand type program to the US
- Two new dental schools have been planned by Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida.
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine plan for two dental schools is particularly entrepreneural: How innovative to recognize that the Dental School Business is scalable--Dr. Robert Hirsch and his administration have taken a page from the operation manuals of the scalable computer industry and applied it to the stodgy dental education field.
AT Still Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health dentrepreneures are close behind with their satellite Florida Dental School branch.
The US health care community is wakening to the need for more access to dental care. And in a few years the new dental healthcare providers will be graduated.