The Care that you Need...by People that you Trust.
J.Thomas Russell DDS
1030 Xenia Avenue,Yellow Springs, Ohio
Call: (937) 767-7731
How to Find the Right Dentist for You
The economy is booming, but some folks need a bit of help in obtaining reduced fee dental care in the State of Washington.
Free or reduced fee dental care
Patient Care www.dental.washington.edu/patientcare/patientcare_index.php
Children’s Dental Resources
* University of Washington Pediatric Clinic 206-543-3525
* Children’s Hospital Dental Clinic 206-987-2222
* Kids Choice Dental, Dr. Ellen Polsky, D.D.S., Puyallup 253-848-7000 www.kidschoice-dental.com
* Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children, Tacoma 253-539-7445 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Smiles Change Lives, is a nonprofit orthodontic program serving low income children who need braces 888-900-3554 www.smileschangelives.org/
Seniors and Adults with Special Needs
1. Dental Education in Care of Persons with Disabilities (DECOD) clinic, University of Washington 206-543-4619
2. Find a special needs dentist www.dental.washington.edu/disability/
3. Geriatric Dental Group, Federal Way 253-839-1300, Portland 503-772-3677, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to bring dental care to low-income seniors age 55 and older, and patients of any age requiring wheelchair access http://www.geriatricdental.org/
4. Special Care Dentistry www.scdonline.org/
Dental Hygiene Schools
1. Fort Steilacoom, Pierce College 253-964-6694 email@example.com
2. Kirkland, Lake Washington Technical College 425-739-8130 www.lwtc.ctc.edu
3. Pasco, Columbia Basin College 509-542-4571
4. Seattle, Seattle Central Community College 206-587-6922 www.sccc.edu/programs/dentalhygiene
5. Shoreline, Shoreline College 206-546-4711 www.shoreline.ctc.edu
6. Spokane, Eastern WA University 509-368-6510 firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Vancouver, Clark College 360-992-2158 www.clark.edu/dental
8. Yakima Valley Community College, Yakima 509-574-4920 www.yvcc.edu/programs/dental
Local Health Jurisdictions’ Oral Health Programs www.doh.wa.gov/cfh/Oral_Health/Documents/ohcoor.pdf
Local Dental Society (look in phone book)
1. Thurston-Mason Counties Dental Society 360-956-0828 www.tmcdental.org
2. Dental Societies listed by district and regions served www.wsda.org/about/societies.view
3. referrals to dental offices taking new patients
4. offices offering payment plans
Washington State Dental Association 206-448-1914 or 800-448-3368 www.wsda.org
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation Nov. 17 announced that it will invest more than $16 million by 2014 in its Dental Therapist Project in Washington and three other states. These studies are toward creating mid-level dental therapists to help provide better access to dentistry.
Welcome to the Kellogg Foundation to the fight to improve the oral health of the millions who suffer from its lack.
There are many access barriers patients have to surmount to get dental care. Just training dentists, this one workforce model, is an insufficient repsonse to the access problem.
The Washington State Dental Association’s charitable foundation, the Washington Oral Health Foundation, has school programs in place to address prevention, which Washington dental leaders believe is the ultimate solution.
Dr. Walsh said the WSDA is more concerned with losing funding for adult Medicaid, which will occur beginning Jan. 1, and about the lack of fluoridation throughout the state. Both are issues he wishes Kellogg would pay attention to.
Washington State Dental Hygienists Association 425-771-3201 www.wsdha.com
Washington State Department of Health “How to Find Dental Care” DOH: How to Find Dental Care
Dentists Taking DSHS/Medicaid http://redmondwaydental.com/, http://doctorbuda.com
Insurance Companies selling individual dental insurance, contact the Insurance Commissioner’s Office
Washington State Oral Disease Burden Document www.doh.wa.gov/cfh/Oral_Health/burden/burdencontents.htm
Hospital emergency room for pain (as a last resort)
Local Community Dental Clinics www.chs.hca.wa.gov/clinics.html
help finding REDUCED FEE dental care:
- Native American Dental Services (PDF 189KB) - This brochure lists contact information for all Tribal Dental Clinics in Washington State.
- WA Free Clinic Association - These clinics see children and adults on Medicaid who are struggling to find dental care
- Health Care Authority funded community clinics - These clinics provide full care for uninsured children under age 21, disabled and special health care needs. Emergency dental services are available for adults.
- Washington Information Network 2-1-1 - This website lists low cost medical and dental clinics.
- The Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA) - The SHIBA HelpLine provides free help to people of all ages with questions about health insurance and, health care access.
- Within Reach
The Washington State Department of Health, Oral Health Program does not provide direct dental services. We provide dental referrals for the underservered and high risk populations. This site lists dental services from around the state and is shared here to help the public find dental care.
If you would like to add information to this page, please contact email@example.com
Learn how to prevent dental disease at home by visiting Oral Health Messages.
Links to external resources are provided as a public service and do not imply endorsement by the Washington State Department of Health.
- 45th Street Homeless Youth Clinic Located in Seattle, the 45th Street Homeless Youth Clinic provides medical care, mental health counseling and social services to school-age youth in a walk-in setting.
- Battleground Health CARE Clinic Located in Battleground, this clinic is in the planning process and hopes to open in 2010. Check back for more information.
- Christ Clinic Located in Spokane, the Christ Clinic provides acute and chronic primary care, simple tests, prescription assistance, immunizations and sports physicals for uninsured individuals. Christ Clinic charges a nominal fee based on a sliding scale. Click here to visit the Christ Clinic’s homepage.
- Christ Community Free Clinic Located in Auburn, Christ Community Free Clinic provides walk-in medical care to the uninsured free of charge.
- The Country Clinic – “Every Friday” Located in Winthrop, the Country Clinic provides primary care medical services to uninsured youth up to age 18, including immunizations, X-rays, and family planning free of charge. Every Friday by appointment only.
- Country Doctor Free Teen Clinic Located in Seattle, The Country Doctor Free Teen Clinic is a program of UW Adolescent Medicine and they offer walk-in medical care, mental health counseling and social services to homeless youth free of charge.
- Cowlitz Free Medical Clinic Located in Longview, the Cowlitz Free Medical Clinic provides walk-in urgent medical care and behavioral health referals free of charge.
- Ellensburg Community Health Clinic The Ellensburg Community Health Clinic offers walk-in medical care and mental health counseling at no charge.
- Free Clinic of SW Washington Located in Vancouver, the Free Clinic of SW Washington offers medical, dental, and vision care, as well as pharmacy assistance, sports physicals, immunizations and some labs and X-rays. Dental and vision clinics require appointments. All services are provided at no charge.
- Haller Lake Christian Health Clinic Located in Seattle, Haller Lake Clinic provides medical care at no cost.
- House of Charity Outreach Clinic Located in Spokane, the House of Charity Outreach Clinic provides medical care and social services free of charge.
- King County Project Access Located in Seattle, King County Project Access provides specialty care and case management to low-income, uninsured King County residents.
- JC Mash Located in Port Townsend, JC Mash is open each Tuesday evening to provide free medical care to those in need. Click here to visit their homepage.
- Mental Health Access Program Located in Olympia, Mental Health Access Program provides free mental health counseling and referral services.
- Mother Joseph Clinic Located in Seattle at Swedish Hospital, Mother Joseph Clinic provides referrals for no or low cost care.
- Neighborhood Clinic Located in Tacoma, Neighborhood Clinic provides free medical care to uninsured residents of Pierce County. Visit their homepage by clicking here.
- New Heights Medical Clinic Located in Vancouver, New Heights provides free medical and dental care to the uninsured each week. For more information, click here.
- The Olympia Free Clinic The Olympia Free Clinic is not yet open, but a group of community planners are working hard to open clinic doors as early as Spring 2011. Check back for updates.
- Olympia Union Gospel Mission Located in Olympia, the OUGM provides free dental, vision and chronic medical care to low-income and homeless patients by appointment only. Learn more about the Olympia Union Gospel Mission here.
- Popes Kids Place Dental Located in Centralia, Popes Kids Place Dental provides free or low cost dental care to youth 18 and under. Medicaid accepted.
- Safe Harbor Free Clinic Located in Stanwood, Safe Harbor Free Clinic provides free medical care the first and third fridays each month from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Visit their homepage by clicking here.
- Seattle Union Gospel Mission Provides free emergency dental care to low income patients by appointment only. Click here to learn more.
- SOS Clinic Located in College Place, SOS clinic offers medical care to low income and uninsured patients free of charge.
- Trinity Neighborhood Health Center Located in Tacoma, Trinity Neighborhood Health Center offers free medical care to the uninsured during walk-in clinic hours.